Range Safety Rules
Failure to follow these instructions gives Northwest Arsenal the right to remove individuals from the premises.
- Treat all firearms as if they are loaded.
- Never allow the muzzle to point at anything that you are not willing to destroy.
- Always keep your trigger finger straight and off the trigger until you have made the decision to fire.
- Always know your target, backstop and beyond.
- Ear and eye protection must be worn at all times while on the range.
- While entering the range, fans must be on and only one door open at a time.
- All fired rounds must impact the back stop, no cross lane shooting.
- No more than 1 shooter may shoot at a time per lane, no more than 2 shooters per lane.
- Shooters are prohibited from moving in front of the booths unless attending an organized event.
- Firearms Instructors are prohibited from instructing on Northwest Arsenal’s range, unless sought and received permission from NWA staff.
- Only JACKETED ammunition is authorized for use on this range.
- Drawing from a holster is prohibited unless permission has been sought and received by NWA staff.
- All rented firearms must use ammunition supplied by Northwest Arsenal.
- All shooters must maintain a safe muzzle direction at all times while on the range. Firearms not in use must be unloaded and cased or in the rifle rack.
- NWA staff has the ability to inspect firearms and ammunition prior to usage on the NWA range.
- All shooters must possess a valid form of government issued photo ID to use the range, and are required to display their ID upon request from NWA staff.
- Shooters under the age of 18 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult. This could include minors attending an organized event, being supervised by a certified Firearms Instructor or Range Safety Officer.
Contact us for any questions.